Call 305.728.7116

Investor & Special (E Visas)

Free trade is an engine of economic growth that can result in higher quality and low-priced goods. Trade treaties have created an increasingly global economy and have provided tremendous opportunity for investors and traders who benefit from the free flow of goods across borders. For those who wish to come to the United States to engage in substantial trade or make significant investments, E Visas can make that possible.

There are three types of E Visas: the E-1 Visa for Treaty Traders, the E-2 Visa for Treaty Investors, and the E-3 for Australian Specialty Workers. All three visas are intended for people who wish to come to this country to promote and participate in economic growth, but each has different requirements.

Dorsett Immigration Law can provide assistance determining if you are eligible for any of these three types of visas. We can then help you to obtain an E Visa or explore other opportunities to come and work in the United States. Give us a call so we can help you navigate the process of coming to the United States for trade or investment.

What are E-Visas?

E Visas are available to citizens of certain countries with which the United States has partnered in a treaty of commerce and navigation. Any person who obtains an E-Visa must be a citizen or a national of one of these countries.

These visas are intended for individuals who will bring strong economic activity to the U.S., either in the form of substantial ongoing trade or in the form of investing a large amount of funds in an enterprise that they are active investors in.

Requirements for E Visas

You must apply for and obtain a nonimmigrant E Visa from either a U.S. embassy or a U.S. consulate outside of the United States. You can complete online nonimmigrant visa, Form DS-160 to start the process. An interview is generally required with a consular officer before an E Visa is granted. 

Other specific requirements will vary depending upon whether you seek to come to the United States as a trader, investor, or specialty worker. However, either a substantial financial investment or substantial and continuous trade between the U.S. and foreign country are generally required to obtain an E Visa of any type. Additionally, the treaty trader or investor must hold the nationality of the treaty country. If the treaty trader or investor is a business, nationality is determined by nationality of the owners of the business, such that at least 50% of the business must be owned by nationals of the treaty country.

How an Immigration Lawyer Can Help with E Visas

Dorsett Immigration Law knows and understands the requirements for E Visas and can help you to demonstrate eligibility and successfully complete the visa application process.

We also offer assistance exploring alternatives to E Visas and represent those who wish to extend their stay in the U.S. after coming to the country on an E Visa. Give us a call today to find out how we can put our extensive knowledge of the visa application process to work for you.