Call 305.728.7116

Motion to Reopen/Reconsider (I-290B)

Can I ask Immigration to Reconsider or Reopen my case?

If you filed an application or petition with immigration and it was denied, you may be able to file a Motion to Reopen or a Motion to Reconsider your case. In order to file a Motion to Reopen, you must provide new facts and evidence to prove your were eligible when you applied. In order to file a Motion to Reconsider, you must prove that immigration made a error applying the law or policy, and the evidence provided was sufficient to approve your application.

Some of the forms that you may be able to file Motions to Reopen and Motions to Reconsider are as follows:

  • I-90
  • I-131
  • I-485
  • I-601
  • I-765
  • I-821
  • I-918
  • N-400
  • N-600

Even if your petition or application was denied by immigration, you may be able to to move immigration to reopen or reconsider your case. If immigration reopens or reconsiders your case, you can still be approved! These motions have strict filing deadlines, that if not met will lead to denial. In some instances, you may not be able to re-apply, and a motion to reopen or reconsider could be your only option. If your case has been denied, it is highly recommend that you that you seek the advise of an experienced immigration attorney to determine if you are able to file a Motion to Reopen or Motion to Reconsider. Contact Dorsett Immigration Law now for your free consultation.