Call 305.728.7116

Residency Through Employment

Who can receive Residency through Employment?

There are various ways to receive a green card based on Employment. You may be eligible to receive a green card based on an offer of permanent employment in the United States. Most categories require an employer to receive a labor certification and then file a petition for you. Green cards may also be available to investors/entrepreneurs who are making an investment in an enterprise that creates new U.S. jobs. In some instances, you may petition yourself for residency. This option is available for either Aliens of Extraordinary Ability or certain individuals granted a National Interest Waiver. 

There are also a number of specialized jobs that may allow you to get a green card based on a past or current job, such as:

  • Afghan/Iraqi Translator
  • Broadcaster
  • International Organization Employee
  • Iraqi Who Assisted the U.S. Government
  • NATO-6 Nonimmigrant
  • Panama Canal Employee
  • Physician National Interest Waiver
  • Religious Worker

Receiving a green card through employment can be an extremely long and complicated process. Most require numerous steps and an employer willing to petition for you. It is highly recommend that you that you seek the advise of an experienced immigration attorney. Contact Dorsett Immigration Law now for your free consultation.